Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

View from Knowehead

Whitmuir Farm, Lamancha

Frosty Trees, Crosscryne

Trees at Knowehead

It only seems a minute ago that I was blogging about how irritating it was tramping through a foot of snow to get to work in the morning. That was last December. Turns out it wasn't the 'once in a lifetime' crazy, snowy sub-zero winter we hoped it was. Well, today the temperature hasn't got higher than -10 degrees C! It's so cold that your ears start to sting if you are silly enough to go out without a hat on for any length of time (as I was when taking these pictures). It makes the world pretty darn beautiful to look at though, every tree is covered with hoar frost, there are icicles dangling precariously from every gutter, and the hills look like they're coated with royal icing. I'm being pressed into buying a pair of 'proper boots', as my city-boy trainers are deemed inadequate for these conditions. It's true, I've had to roast my toes in front of the fire twice already today to get the feeling back, but you can guarantee that the morning after my boots arrive, the snow will be gone, the icicles fallen, and it'll be a balmy 1 degree C.

Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment